I have not blogged in a awhile because I have been busy putting together a Men's Ministry for my church. This is the initial Accountabily group worksheet I have been setting up. If you have suggestions please let me know. I believe that Christian men are the key to reaching the world for Christ in our generation.
Scripture and Question’s for Accountability Groups
James 5:16 (NAS)
Therefore, confess your sins to one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Carry each others' burdens . . . and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."
2 Peter 1:3, 5-7 (NLT)
3 As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness! …
5 So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. 6 Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. 7 Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
The Abundant Life
The abundant life men so desperately seek, will often be determined by the depth of questions he is willing to wrestle with. Often the devil will temp men with the passing pleasures of sin, so men avoid the deeper heart questions of life. (what is the meaning of life, what can I do with my life that will truly last forever, why do I not love the way I should, what does it truly mean to be a man of God, a man after God’s own heart, etc.) Once we start asking these questions we can find the answers through the Word of God. The unsaved do not really care for you or what you really think, but God does. Jesus often asked questions of His followers so they would verbalize what was on their heart. Christ had a way of drawing out these Words from His followers because He cared for them and what they thought. As you ask your brothers and yourself some tough questions, remember it needs to be out of LOVE. The following questions are good to start with.
Questions to Ask Initially For Accountability Group
l. Who do you say that Jesus is?
2. What are the biggest barriers to your relationship with God? With your wife? With your children? With other men?
3. What are the most serious temptations you face? When you give into that temptation how does it affect your relationship to God? Your wife? Your children? Your friends? (remember the Devil wants to destroy all of your relationships starting with your relationship with God)
4. If Satan were to wage an all-out attack on your life, what area(s) would he focus on? (What are your greatest points of vulnerability? For example, sexual impurity, financial irresponsibility, dishonesty, greed, pride, etc.)
5. How can your brothers help you and pray for you? Questions to Ask Each Other as Your Walk with God and Your Friend’s Deepens. This is best determined by looking at the questions and picking a date in the future when you will start asking them, one of another.
If there's more than two or three men, not all of the following can be asked of each man each week. If there are 4 of you, you may want to break into 2 groups of 2 and ask the following questions. Don't let more than a few weeks go by without discussing any of these areas. (You may wish to add questions of your own.) The first question is so blunt because all indications are that the number one problem with Christian men in America today is lust and sexual immorality. (Barna indicates that 33% of all Evangelical Pastors are addicted to pornography, 88% of Christian men have seen a pornographic image in the last 30 days, over 95% of Evangelical Christian men indicate that lust and pornography are the number one reason they feel disconnected from God). It is evident from Scripture that the Devil often uses the female to lure men into sin. Men are so weak in the church today because they often worship a god in a mini-skirt. It is time for men to start leading and wearing the pants again and stop worshiping at the god of the skirt(lust). God is looking for some men like Joshua not men like Ahab.
Additional Foundational Scripture for the Next Group of Questions.
7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
2 Chronicles 16:7a(NKJ)
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
The Next 2 are tied together
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven
1 Thessalonians 4:3
3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality;
1. Were you free from any form of pornography since we last met? If yes are you lying? Were you free from masturbation this past week? If yes are you lying? Have you been free from any form of sexual immorality this past week(such as talking dirty to the opposite sex, inappropriate touching of someone other than your spouse) Overall did you consistently keep your thoughts and actions pure before God?
2. What kind of a ministry did you have this week? Whom did you share Christ with, either directly or indirectly? Or, how did you use your gifts and resources to help others?
3. Overall how is your relationship with God going(scripture that stands out or you have memorized) How is your relationship with your wife going? Your kids? Your friends ? What could we as your friend’s provide you to help you be a better man(do we need to encourage you more, confront you more).
4. Anything else you'd like to share? (questions or issues you're dealing with?)
5. How can we pray specifically for you this week that will further your relationship with God and your fellow man?
Remember, God wants us to live pure and in the truth; however never underestimate His Grace and Love. His Grace and Love are the greatest gift freely given to men. Give Him the Praise and thanks He deserves. Always begin and end with Thanks. Amen.